ISBN-13: 9780471240679 / Angielski / Twarda / 2000 / 744 str.
A complete guide to current knowledge and future trends in ULSI devices Ultra-Large-Scale Integration (ULSI), the next generation of semiconductor devices, has become a hot topic of investigation. ULSI Devices provides electrical and electronic engineers, applied physicists, and anyone involved in IC design and process development with a much-needed overview of key technology trends in this area. Edited by two of the foremost authorities on semiconductor device physics, with contributions by some of the best-known researchers in the field, this comprehensive reference examines such major ULSI devices as MOSFET, nonvolatile semiconductor memory (NVSM), and the bipolar transistor, and the improvements these devices offer in power consumption, low-voltage and high-speed operation, and system-on-chip for ULSI applications. Supplemented with introductory material and references for each chapter as well as more than 400 illustrations, coverage includes:
* The physics and operational characteristics of the different components
* The evolution of device structures the ultimate limitations on device and circuit performance
* Device miniaturization and simulation
* Issues of reliability and the hot carrier effect
* Digital and analog circuit building blocks *An Instructor's Manual presenting detailed solutions to all the problems in the book is available from the Wiley editorial department