ISBN-13: 9780471152705 / Angielski / Twarda / 1998 / 472 str.
What telecommunications professionals need to know about nonlinear optical communication systems
This book responds to the need for a coherent approach to nonlinear optical communication systems. It gives telecommunications researchers and engineers a handle on the unique problems presented by the proliferation of optical technologies in telecommunications in recent years and provides problem-solving strategies for various network functions and operations.
The product of a collaborative effort by four well-known researchers in telecommunications transmission systems, this volume covers design basics, network performance, and state-of-the-art system analysis tools and is supplemented with hundreds of illustrations as well as appendices containing the necessary mathematical derivations. It details:
* Design principles of the network transmission layer with optical technologies and fiber nonlinearities in place.
* Performance evaluation for a variety of optical transmission systems operating under nonlinear propagation regimes.
* Local area networks, regional networks, and geographical networks--their potential transmission capacity and possible problems.
* Examples of effective design from the most promising nonlinear optical transmission systems.
* The methodology for design and analysis of a generic system