ISBN-13: 9780470849217 / Angielski / Twarda / 2003 / 344 str.
In today's communication-driven society, visual information is of increasing importance. The unprecedented number of available image display devices has highlighted the requirement for image fidelity across different media.
Digital Image Display provides an extensive description of the main algorithms involved in preparing digital images for display and presents practical guidance on the development of new image display applications. By describing the IP algorithms required to adapt an arbitrary image source to an arbitrary display type, this unique reference provides the means to understand and evaluate image delivery formats.
Digital Image Display:
* Addresses the concept of image fidelity and discusses nonlinear image rescaling techniques and image warping.
* Outlines display test methodologies and compares image processing for flat panel and traditional CRT displays.
* Provides guidance on the selection and design of application specific display devices.
* Includes an accompanying CD-ROM featuring a suite of test images and video sequences for testing and evaluating the image display.
* Compares various methods of digital scaling and deinterlacing.
An essential read for technology developers, systems integrators and video graphics interface engineers, Digital Image Display will also appeal to researchers and postgraduate students working in image processing and display.
The Society for Information Display (SID) is an international society which has the aim of encouraging the development of all aspects of the field of information display. Complementary to the aims of the society the Wiley-SID series is intended to explain the latest developments in information display technology at a professional level. The broad scope of the series addresses all facets of information displays from technical aspects through systems and prototypes to standards and ergonomics.