Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher Discover the freedom of open roads while touring Great Britain with Lonely Planet's Great Britain's Best Trips, your passport to up-to-date advice on uniquely encountering Great Britain by car. Featuring 36 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can discover the grandeur of Scotland's mountains and wind through England's quaint country lanes, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to Great Britain, rent a car, and hit the road Inside Lonely Planet's Great Britain's Best Trips:
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Great Britain's Best Trips
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - 36 easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Driving Problem Buster, Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Covers England, Scotland, Wales, the West Country, the Cotswolds, Bath, Edinburgh, Stonehenge, Welsh Mountains, Cambridge, Oxford, the northern wilderness, Stratford-upon-Avon, Blenheim Palace and more
is perfect for exploring Great Britain via the road and discovering sights that are more accessible by car.
- Planning a Great Britain trip sans a car? Lonely Planet's Great Britain guide, our most comprehensive guide to Great Britain, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
- Looking for a guide focused on London? Check out Lonely Planet's London guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, or Pocket London, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Written and researched by Lonely Planet. About Lonely Planet:
Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.