ISBN-13: 9780743407502 / Angielski / Miękka / 2001 / 192 str.
For a left-handed child in a right-friendly world, tasks that should come easily can seem confusing and frustrating. Parents of the more than 400,000 lefties born annually in the United States have had no resource that deals seriously with the learning difficulties their children face -- until now.
Loving Lefties is the first ever guide to address all the issues pertinent to left-handedness: the biology, the physiology, and the psychological and practical effects of being a left-handed child. An essential aid for parents, teachers, and professionals, it covers the history and mythology of the left-handed brain, and offers sound advice on:
- recognizing left-handedness in a child
- making your child's home and school lefty-friendly
- giving your child appropriate direction and encouragement
- identifying the advantages of being left-handed
- helping your child learn the skills his right-handed parents, instructors, and siblings consider basic.
Filled with resource lists, guidelines, quick tips, answers to frequently asked questions, case studies, and anecdotes, Loving Lefties is the essential guide for raising a happy, healthy southpaw.